Thursday, November 29, 2007

LIttle sushi fishies

At the grocery store today I parused the paltry sushi take-out section near the huge vats of crayfish and shrimp one sees everywhere. I came upon these little fishies. Filled with soy sauce for take-away orders, they, and the food that surrounded them, exemplify Norwegian food to me. Elegant packaging with all the details precise and lovely - flavorless and efficient (and as in the case of the sushi, frightening) entrees.

Not to worry though, Mike brought me a suitcase full of candy last week, so my waistline will continue to rival the Nile river in inundation season. Cheers!

1 comment:

Victor Pencak said...

I always wanted to taste sushi but I found it was too dificult to eat it with hashi. I got embarassed when i tried to eat with my friends...
I found this video that teachs how to eat in a polite way. http://www.weshow.com/r/us/p/24327/eating_sushi_in_a_polite_way
It helped me a lot :D